- seek medical help. Of course, your top priority after sustaining an injury should be to get in touch with your hospital or doctor as soon as possible. You may be concerned about making a fuss, but if you are in pain you may wish to get treatment straightaway. There is also another reason to do this at your earliest convenience – the medical records from such a visit may evidence the agony that you experienced immediately after the accident;
- take a photo of the accident site. If you have tripped or fallen due to ice or snow that should have been cleared away, you may wish to have it photographed before it melts!
- seek legal advice. At Bentley Accident Claims, we are realistic about people’s chances of success. Sometimes, accidents are nobody’s fault and it is not doing anyone a favour for accident claims solicitors to pursue a claim that is unlikely to succeed. However, if someone else was clearly at fault for your accident, we will give you a realistic appraisal of the chances of getting injury claims compensation;
- get into the habit of keeping receipts. If your claim for compensation is successful, you may be able to claim back some of the costs involved in getting to and from medical appointments, as well as the appointments themselves, if you have to use private practitioners. You may also be able to make a claim for any loss of earnings that you have sustained as a result of the accident, in addition to compensation for the pain and suffering that you have endured;
- take care of yourself. Sometimes it can be easy to try to push yourself in your recovery, to achieve things before you are ready. But accident compensation claims may be stressful too, and you may wish to take each day at a time to concentrate on getting better. Let your personal injury lawyer worry about your case!
Thursday, 2 February 2012
Is winter a key time for accident compensation claims?
In Britain, we are often accused of being obsessed with the weather. But where ice and snow can be mere inconveniences on one hand, when coupled with a property owner’s failure to clear a path or a poor driver’s carelessness, winter weather can bring misery for accident victims. If this happens to you, you may wish to take the following steps when making accident compensation claims: